Sunday, August 19, 2007

i know .. i know...

haven't written squat for awhile, just that well, unless you want me to recycle and regurgitate emoness and meloncholic lyrics, I would then oblige, but I think at this point I’m already a cliche. Some facets of my life is miserable and some not too shabby, and certain aspects I am getting close to where I would wanna be in this erm… life? So when it comes to fruition, I shall induldge. Anyways, I think I will start writing about he mundane (should start taking photos again). The weekend: Quiet and rather nuah (chilled for all you non Hokkien seaking dialect people), Singapore's been experiencing rather arctic conditions this weekend, so Mother Nature set the tone for the weekend – naturally stoned and overall posture of a jelly fish. Chilled was the tone of the weekend; As everyone was feeling rather nuah and just wanted to unwind after an overall collective majority of what would be a shiity week of work (woyj various individual reasons of course). So the decision was set to just chill by the pool with random bantering and a bottle of scotch in toll and before we knew it, it was already half 3 in the morning… This mood transcended through to the rest of the week as Saturday night we already had the premeditated plan to checkout other nightspots either than the the lau ti fang (same old place) of Ministry Of Sound. That premeditated spot was Jazz @ South Bridge.

The review: Overall I would say that we were left rather disappointed: Ambience was chilled and the setting of the venue overlooking the river set the tone, though I thought it could be a l’il more cosier with afew more couche rather than tables and chairs.

Music was good, though I found the format of having a singing set followed by an instrumental didn’t set the vibe right for the night. For onething the singer wasn’t engaging at all; I mean in my opinion a jazz bar should be more interactive and spontaneous, along the lines of a jam session, and also think abit of a jam session?

Well, call me hypercritical but well, am paying for my night, the service was rather crappy as well towards the end.
Sigh, the weekend ends, hoping for some good news this week; Ethics of expedience … please?
Well, this coming weekend: lau ti fang - PARTY ON!!! .. yesh .. erm.. indeed... :p

Free Web Counters
Discount Cruises
<bgsound src="http://h1.ripway.com/idlc/1.wav">